In his first season as head coach, Mark Stoops and Company lost their first game against South Carolina in Columbia back in 2013, and they haven’t looked back since.
Following that loss, Kentucky has practically owned the Gamecocks and are riding a five-game win streak in the series.
The Wildcats and Gamecocks are both “limping” into Saturday’s game and each team needs a win to revamp their season.
Before kickoff, lets take a look at how different the world was the last time that the Cats lost to South Carolina.
- Barrack Obama was still president
- The iPhone 5s had just released
- South Carolina had beaten Clemson for the fifth straight season
- The College Football Playoff did not exist
- Orlando Antigua was still an assistant coach at UK
- Super Bowl 47 “Blackout”
- Miley Cyrus “twerked” and N’Sync reunited during the MTV Video Music Awards
- Louisville still had three national titles in basketball
- LeBron James was on the Miami Heat
- Bruce Jenner was still a man
To say the least, the world was a much different place. Let’s hope that streak grows on Saturday night!